SARS-Cov-2 virus can survive at least 28 days on glass and bank notes, down to 3 days on plastic and stainless steel surfaces, common for poles, handles, pushbuttons and other touching surfaces within buildings, public transportation vehicles and private vehicles.
There are several problems with typical disinfectants:
- Typical disinfectants are effective only during several minutes either due to evaporation of a dissolvent, such as isopropanol, ethanol, bleach, etc. or due to degradation of chemicals in the air, such as chlorine dioxide.
- First infected passenger emitting SARS-CoV-2 viruses to surfaces, such as poles, handles, pushbuttons and other touching surfaces will negate previous disinfection process, so disinfection once per day, or even between rides will be completely inefficient.
- The polymer disinfectant is applied in usual manner, such as spraying or with a wet cloth, and is effective for at least 28 days, contrary to usual disinfectants, which kill bacteria and inactivate viruses only during and immediately after the application.
COVID-19 led to five- to ten-fold mobility decrease due to passengers’ avoidance of utilization of public transportation vehicles and even a formal halt of it in many worldwide cities, thus significantly decreasing revenue of public transportation companies. The goal of this product is to provide healthy air and surfaces in buildings, public transportation vehicles and private vehicles through the use of polymer disinfectants in air-conditioners and inside buildings, public transportation vehicles and private vehicles. The net result will be safe return of kids to school, employees to offices and passengers to public transportation vehicles.
Polymer disinfectants kill bacteria and inactivate viruses, such as SARS-CoV-2 and influenza A. Polymer disinfectants are harmless to humans, so they can be applied:
- inside air tube or close to the filter of an air-conditioner
- as surface disinfectant on poles, handles, pushbuttons and similar touching surfaces in buildings, public transportation vehicles and private vehicles.