Mechanically Enhanced Far-UVC, UVC, Air Ion and/or Inactivation Polymer Disinfectors
Mechanically enhanced Far-UVC, UVC, Air Ion and/or Inactivation Polymer disinfectors are designed for use inside air-conditioners and interior of all types of buildings, such as: private homes, schools, restaurants, hotels and stores; public transportation vehicles, such as: city busses, trolleybuses, trams, metros, trains, taxis, airplanes and boats, as well as private vehicles.
Far-UVC, UVC, Air Ion and/or Inactivation Polymer disinfectors are proven disinfectants against bacteria and viruses, such as SARS-CoV-2 and influenza A. Far-UVC, Air Ion and/or Inactivation Polymer disinfectors are harmless to humans, contrary to UVC disinfectors, so they can be applied even in the presence of people. On the other side, tiny droplets and aerosols with viruses and bacteria are easily spread with air flow, such as those emanating from air conditioners, thus resulting in the (unbearable) request to switch them off in order to prevent high infection rate.
These technologies, together or alone, provide air disinfection inside air-conditioning tubes, due to passing air in close vicinity around UVC light-emitting diodes (LED) strip, Far-UVC or UVC lamps. Visible or invisible Far-UVC lamps or invisible UVC lamps can additionally disinfect air in buildings, public transportation vehicles and private vehicles occupied by passengers.
Health safety measures during COVID-19 pandemic concerning urban public transportation include a reduction of the number of passengers as the coronavirus infection may spread easily in the closed space via airborne droplets and aerosols. For these reasons the efficiency of public transportation is reduced and citizens are more relying on the use of private vehicles. These trends are opposite to the objectives of clean air initiatives and energy savings.
COVID-19 pandemic led to five- to ten-fold mobility drop due to passengers’ avoidance of utilization of public transportation and even a formal halt of it in many cities worldwide, thus significantly decreasing revenue of public transportation companies.
The expected benefit of these technologies is safe return of passengers’ mobility and billions US$ revenue per day (!) to public transportation companies, other companies, education institutions, etc., to pre-COVID-19 levels, by elimining justified fear from infection, due to minimizing risk from infection by SARS-CoV-2 lingering in air droplets and aerosols further contaminating surfaces, where they can stay for days.
Mechanically Enhanced Far-UVC and UVC disinfector Usage
Mechanically enhanced Far-UVC, Air Ion and/or Inactivation Polymer disinfectors indiscriminately kill any bacteria and inactivate any virus in the air or on line-of-sight surfaces within certain range depending on UV irrandiance (W/m2), so they are effective against both SARS-CoV-2 and influenza A. Mechanically enhanced Far-UVC (207-222nm) disinfector is harmless to humans, so Far-UVC radiation source can be visible. Mechanically enhanced UVC (254nm) disinfector is harmful to human eyes and skin, so UVC radiation source has to be invisible. They can be applied together with Air Ion and/or Inactivation Polymer disinfectors:
- Inside air tube or close to the filter of an air-conditioner, thus radiating inside that air tube or the filter
- Close to the ceiling and/or the floor of public transportation and private vehicles
- Close to the ceiling and/or the floor of buildings with fans pushing air to the ceiling and/or the floor.
There are several problems with SARS-CoV-2 and influenza A that will be solved with mechanically enhanced Far-UVC, UVC, Air Ion and/or Inactivation Polymer disinfectors, such as:
- Warm weather and humid air are not preventing SARS-CoV-2 spreading (because people use air-conditioners in such countries). Just have a look at horrible infection rate in warm and humid countries, like: India, USA, Brazil, France, UK, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Iran, Mexico, etc. That’s why mechanically enhanced Far-UVC, UVC, Air Ion and/or Inactivation Polymer disinfectors solve the problem first in air-conditioners, and after that elsewhere.
- There are tenths of different strains of SARS-CoV-2, which makes the development of efficient vaccine and drugs highly unlikely, since they target some strains, but not all of them.